Positive Ageing and Retirement: How to Recognise the Pitfalls and Live Mindfully in the Second Half of Life | Webinar | 23 Oct 2020 | 09:00-12:00
This is a live webinar to be hosted by Vista Academy.
Date: 23 October 2020
Time: 09:00 – 12:00
Venue: Online (Vista Academy’s Online Learning Space via BigBlueButton)
Presenter: Dr Hannetjie Edeling
HPCSA: 3 general CEUs (counselling, clinical, industrial & research psychologists; registered counsellors; and psychometrists)
SACSSP: 1,5 CPD points
How a webinar works:
- Ensure that you have access to a device with a stable internet connection, screen and speakers (e.g. computer, laptop or smart phone). A mic is also recommended, to aid in asking questions. A headset is ideal.
- Once you have added the webinar to your cart, checked out and paid via PayFast, you will automatically be enrolled into the corresponding course on your Online Learning Space.
- You will receive an automated invoice and payment confirmation via e-mail (check your spam/junk folder if you don’t see this in your inbox).
- You will receive an instruction booklet and programme before the webinar, detailing steps on how to join the session, presentation slots and break times, so you can plan just when to make your cup of coffee.
- On the day of the webinar, log into your Online Learning Space using the username and password you chose when you first purchased training on our website (you can click here to log in). Make sure you have these credentials saved. We recommend testing your log-in before the time and contacting us if you need assistance, so that you don’t find yourself locked out on the day. If you need assistance on the day, please phone (012) 664 0222 x108, asking for Nicolene. You will then be assisted remotely.
- Select the webinar name from the drop-down menu called “My Courses” and you will then see the course page load.
- Click on the live streaming session link (blue) under the “Online Lessons Section” and then click “join session” to view the live stream of the webinar.
- Post any questions/comments on the live chat, or change your status to the “raised hand” to indicate you have a question for the Q&A session, at which point you will be addressed and you can unmute your mic to talk to the presenter.
- Attendance will be verified in various ways (e.g. check in/out, polls, quizzes, etc.) in order to ensure the value of the training session.
- Complete the evaluation form within 14 days of watching the webinar (you will find it on the course page).
- Your certificate (also to be found on the course page) will be available for download within 14 days of the webinar.
NB: The attainment of CEUs or CPD points does not license any professional to practise outside of their scope or competency. CPD training is intended to broaden the knowledge of professionals and does not constitute professional training. The responsibility to practise within their relevant scope remains with the professional, regardless of what CPD training they attend.
The opinions and views expressed in this webinar are those of the independent presenter and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or views of Vista Academy and its employees or trustees.
Out of stock
The ageing landscape is changing dramatically – life expectancy has more than doubled since Roman times. Nowadays we could easily have another 35 years after the traditional retirement age of 65.
In order to get the most out of our extra time, we need the right equipment – by way of a functioning brain and body – as well as ample reserves to see us through.
In this presentation, Dr Hannetjie will explore what the research shows about making mature life worthwhile, as well as practical strategies for implementing this knowledge. Emphasis will be placed on brain health and the prevention and/or reversal of Alzheimer’s disease.
Proper and timeous planning can prevent panic and promote well-being – for mental healthcare professionals, as well as their clients, in later life.
Upon completion of this seminar, participants will better understand the physical and emotional challenges of ageing and will be equipped with the basic knowledge of the challenges of ageing, and specifically retirement, and how to prevent them.
• The ageing challenge – personally and for society,
• Human needs and how to get them met in retirement,
• Understanding the sub-conscious mind and beliefs around ageing and how to apply this knowledge in working with their clients,
• Primes and pitfalls of ageing and how to recognise and avoid them,
• Stress – the physical and psychological impact and how to cope with it,
• Understand more about Alzheimer’s disease and know that it is largely preventable,
• A 5-stage model of growth and how to apply this in their work with clients,
• Understand an apply the difference between wishful thinking and a positive attitude, and
• Planning for retirement.