Mindfulness-Based Approaches to Disordered Eating | Webinar | 06 Nov 2020 | 09:00-12:00
Please note that this webinar has been postponed to Friday, 06 November 2020.
This is a live webinar to be hosted by Vista Academy.
Date: 06 November 2020
Time: 09:00 – 12:00
Venue: Online (Vista Academy’s Online Learning Space via BigBlueButton)
Presenter: Dr RJ Chippindall
HPCSA: 3 general CEUs (educational, counselling, clinical, industrial & research psychologists; and registered counsellors)
SACSSP: 1.5 CPD points for social workers
How a webinar works:
- Ensure that you have access to a device with a stable internet connection, screen and speakers (e.g. computer, laptop or smart phone). A mic is also recommended, to aid in asking questions. A headset is ideal.
- Once you have added the webinar to your cart, checked out and paid via PayFast, you will automatically be enrolled into the corresponding course on your Online Learning Space.
- You will receive an automated invoice and payment confirmation via e-mail (check your spam/junk folder if you don’t see this in your inbox).
- You will receive an instruction booklet and programme before the webinar, detailing steps on how to join the session, presentation slots and break times, so you can plan just when to make your cup of coffee.
- On the day of the webinar, log into your Online Learning Space using the username and password you chose when you first purchased training on our website (you can click here to log in). Make sure you have these credentials saved. We recommend testing your log-in before the time and contacting us if you need assistance, so that you don’t find yourself locked out on the day. If you need assistance on the day, please phone (012) 664 0222 x108, asking for Nicolene. You will then be assisted remotely.
- Select the webinar name from the drop-down menu called “My Courses” and you will then see the course page load.
- Click on the live streaming session link (blue) under the “Online Lessons Section” and then click “join session” to view the live stream of the webinar.
- Post any questions/comments on the live chat, or change your status to the “raised hand” to indicate you have a question for the Q&A session, at which point you will be addressed and you can unmute your mic to talk to the presenter.
- Attendance will be verified in various ways (e.g. check in/out, polls, quizzes, etc.) in order to ensure the value of the training session.
- Complete the evaluation form within 14 days of watching the webinar (you will find it on the course page).
- Your certificate (also to be found on the course page) will be available for download within 14 days of the webinar.
NB: The attainment of CEUs or CPD points does not license any professional to practise outside of their scope or competency. CPD training is intended to broaden the knowledge of professionals and does not constitute professional training. The responsibility to practise within their relevant scope remains with the professional, regardless of what CPD training they attend.
The opinions and views expressed in this webinar are those of the independent presenter and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or views of Vista Academy and its employees or trustees.
Out of stock
This webinar offers an introduction to the concept of mindfulness and how it has been developed to treat a range of clinical conditions. Dr RJ Chippindall will discuss the various types of eating disorders and the treatment options commonly and less-commonly used in their treatment. The importance of using a comprehensive treatment paradigm in the treatment of eating disorders will be looked at and he will provide an overview of the different mindfulness-based interventions that are being used as a treatment component for such disorders.
The presentation will explain how issues of perfection, control, harsh self-criticism, depression, and anxiety that are commonly experienced by those with eating disorders can be assisted with the use of mindfulness treatments.
Dr Chippindall will briefly discuss how mindfulness-based treatments offer an alternative lifestyle approach that becomes a lifelong practice unique to each individual, and he will conclude the presentation with some ethical considerations in treating eating disorders.